Sometimes bananas can get just a little too ripe. But instead of throwing them into the bin, turn them into some delicious muffins. They’re packed with bananas and walnuts, and they can be eaten at any time of the day, they even make a good breakfast.
- 3 bananas
- 40g of walnuts – with a few more bits to put on top of the muffins
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g caster sugar
- 120ml vegetable oil (or another flavourless oil)
- 1 egg
- Preheat an oven to 180ºC/Gas 4 and line a tin with muffin cases
- Mix the oil, egg and sugar together for a couple of minutes until pale
- Chop up the walnuts and mash the bananas
- Add the walnuts and bananas to the bowl and mix
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the muffins are golden brown
These muffins can be eaten warm or cold – just keep them in an air tight container to preserve their freshness.